Monday, January 21, 2008

SUCCESS!!



So my first e-critique went great. My mentor, Chris Chua, had a lot of positive things to say about my sketches and poses. He really liked the looseness in my sketches and said they were "fantastic." This is what I do. When I get a chance, say at work, I'll just sit and sketch out different poses. What do you know, it finally paid off. I have been doing something right. He said they have a "good sense of movement" and show "nice personalities." I just need to push some of the poses just a bit more for full effect. A common suggestion to the class was to lay a sheet of paper over our sketches and see where we can push the pose even more. As for my final pose, he said liked the silhouette and it had a "nice line of action." I just need to add more of a curve to the body to make the chest pop out. All in all, it was a great way to start off the the class.

No comments: