Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!

ANIMALYMPICS (1980)



This is one of the first animated films I remember seeing on TV. I remember watching it when I was a kid and was just fascinated by the animation. They used to show it on HBO all the time. I have not seen it in a while, but I'm sure I will now be looking at it through the eyes of an animator.

This movie was great! It has the voice talents of Billy Crystal, Harry Shearer, and the late, great Gilda Radner. The scenes I remember are the fencing scene between the squirrel and the elephant. The crocodile decathalon athelete, who sounded a lot like Vinny Barbarino. He climed his way out of the sewer and made something of himself. His face was on a Wheaties box and everything! The ice hockey match between the bears and bulls, I think. And of course the marathon that was going on thru the whole movie. The main runners were a goat and a cheetah. I do remember that the goat was named Rene. Oh, and there was the canine skiier that was thought to be lost in the mountains and/or dead, but made a dramatic return at the end.

I loved this movie and now I need to find it on DVD!

No comments: