Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cartoon Round-up 16: Donald Duck



"Who's got the sweetest disposition?
One guess, that's who.
Who never never starts an argument?
(Hmm?)
Who never shows a bit of temperment?
Who's never wrong but always right?
(Yeah?)
Who would never dream of starting a fight?
(That's who?)
Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
(AWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!)
No one but Donald Duck!
(YEAH!)"

"Donald in Mathmagic Land" (1959) directed by Hamilton Luske




"Donald's Snow Fight" (1942) directed by Jack King



"Donald's Happy Birthday" (1949) directed by Jack Hannah



When I was younger my Dad got us a VHS of Donald Duck cartoons. My little sister and I would watch them all the time, Dad included. These next two cartoon shorts were on this VHS tape and I remember them to this day. I STILL quote some of the lines, not out loud though.

"Your HAT, sir!"

"Modern Inventions" (1937) directed by Jack King



"A Good Time for a Dime" (1941) directed by Dick Lundy



***BONUS CARTOON***

I had to post this next clip specifically because back in 2000, I got to meet the director Francis Glebas. I was in Orlando, FL at The Disney Institute for their Animation Celebration. Here I got to meet directors, artists and animators from several of the great Disney films. The theme for that year was the just released "Fantasia 2000." I was part of a group of about ten fellow animators and together we put together a ten second piece of animation set to music. More on that later. But what I was getting at was that Francis was there with us checking out our work and giving us tips and pointers, EVERY DAY! I even got him to autograph a lithograph for me. (pic coming soon.) It was one of the best vacations I have ever had, followed closely by the same Animation Celebration trips I took in 1999 and 2001.

So sit back and enjoy Donald Duck in "Pomp and Circumstance"

"Pomp and Circumstance" from "Fantasia 2000" (2000) sequence directed by Francis Glebas

No comments: