Saturday, February 28, 2009

World Premiere

Here is the premiere of the music for my short film "Looking For Love." The music was composed by my very talented cousin David Barrera. When I first told him about this project about a year ago, he volunteered to do the music. How could I say no. And now the time has come and he has delivered.

This is just the scratch track. Also, the timing is not algned just perfectly. There is still some tweaking to be done on both our parts. Some of the notes I got from my last e-crit were to tighten up scene 080 and combine a few of our hero's actions.

So now it on to layout. That is the stage of the process where I finally get into the animation program and set things up. I am creating the sets with props from the school library. I'm getting the characters in place and setting up the cameras. I am also working on the costumes for my characters. Yes, I can give them a basic t-shirt, pants, or a skirt, but I'd like to come up with something that is interesting but not too distracting. I guess that's the struggle for any costume designer.

This week I have to only do the first third of the short. I will be submitting scene 010 to scene 080. I have the cameras set up and locked in place. Now I need to do a rough blocking with the characters. My mentor said I did not have to build the entire set. That was a load off my mind. I was going nuts trying to figure out how to design and build the cafe set. One thing I am having trouble with is the flower. I need the flower rig to bend and "wilt." I have tried creating the skeleton and attatching it to a simple tube, but it's not quite there yet. I need something by next week because it's needed in the following scenes.

So it's back to work I go! YEAH!!!

No comments: