Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Looking For Love" - Storyreel

It's been a while since I've updated my site. I've been busy working on the storyboards and animatic for my short film "Looking For Love."

Here is part 1 which I turned in last week:

Sunday night I received an awesome critique from my mentor. Here are a few of the things he had to say: "Very nice." "You nailed it." "Honestly, some of the best boards I've seen all week." Well who couldn't help but get jazzed after comments like those. That night I got back to work and nearly completed the second half of the animatic.

So here it is:

Her e-mail reads: "It's too bad she didn't go for the flower. I thought it was rather cute...like you."

I completed it two nights ago. I uploaded it into my PR at school and e-mailed my mentor for an early critique before I have to turn it in on Sunday. I also came up with a few more ideas so I'll be working on those some more.

The only thing that is bothering me is the technical side of the film. I have a laptop that is supposed to have characters moving on the screen. I have camera angles that depend on depth and characters being in and out of focus. I will definitely need to read up on Maya to see how it can be done. I know it CAN be done, I just have no idea how to do it. I have a friend that is going to build me a laptop I can use in Maya. I also have a cousin that has volunteered his services to do the music for my film.

So here are both scenes put together into one:

I still have a few ideas on how to plus the ending. For instance, when we see the second girl's laptop, there will be a pop-up window that reads "1 e-mail sent" next to a picture of our hero. Also, when we see the husband's monitor, the flower will wilt in our hero's mouth first and THEN he will shrink under the table. Also, when we see the husband's monitor we will also see the husband and baby in the foreground. They will have their backs to the camera, naturally, but they will be close to camera and a bit out of focus to creat depth.

So that's what I've been up to.

No comments: