Thursday, February 19, 2009

Moving right along...

Here is the entire animatic for my short film "Looking For Love."



I still have not included scenes for the opening and end titles. I'll get to that later. I will probably be submitting this this Sunday "as is". I asked for comments from my class and Dana, my previous mentor. So, if they do not suggest any major changes, I will probably go "as is".

The whole short times out to about 1:07. That's :37 seconds longer that what they will allow from production next semester. This week I also need to come up with a production schedule for Class 6: Short Film Production. It has been said over and over that they are only allowing us a :30 second production schedule. Even my current mentor Kenny was stressing this a lot. The longer our shots are, the more time it will take to animate them.

I am hoping that I will be able to finish animating the entire film. High hopes indeed. The reason I say this is because a lot of my acting is from the waist up. Walk cycles are really difficult but I don't have any in my shots. I have Bishop getting up and down from his chair, but that's about it. And I remember everything Dana said in her e-critiques, "All the action start with the hips."

Now for the super cool part: My cousin, David Barrera, volunteered to do the music for my film. He came over the other night and picked up a DVD copy of my short film. Not this version, obviously, but the earlier version from the previous two weeks. He asked me what type of music I heard for the film, but I didn't really have anything specific in mind. We sort of settled on some light piano accompaniment that follows the changing moods of the film. Sort of like the music you hear with the silent movies of the past. Hopefully I will be meeting with him this weekend to go over what he has come up with so far. WOOHOO!!!

No comments: