Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Final Rendering

Here is my final rendering of my first assignment from Class 3 at Animation Mentor. I made the set and did all the lighting. It is my first attempt at all that and it was a lot of fun. I am still learning what I can do and create with the Maya program. I am really enjoying it.

On a side note of my final animation, I was getting a lot of helpful and useful critiques from my mentor and fellow students. One thing that kept popping up was that the arms were "twinning" as they released the ball. This means the arms were doing the exact same thing and were looking very symmetrical. A few people were saying to have one hand come up faster than the other. Yes, that may look better from an animation standpoint. BUT NOT WHEN YOU ARE BOWLING!! If you were to release the ball with one hand going faster than the other, the ball would go straight into the gutter. You would be giving it a severe angle and it would not even hit the pins. It would not even make it half way. You HAVE to keep the arms together so the ball WILL go straight down the lane. Go try it and let me know how it goes.



*WHEW!* I finally got that off my chest. =)

No comments: