Thursday, March 19, 2015

First and Final Frames



This is one thing I've been noticing lately since I started my #365Movies challenge. I really look forward to that first scene of the film. What am I going to see? How much will be revealed? How is it going to tie in to the rest of the film? This montage is very interesting in that is shows how the director really pieces the movie together. It's all there for a reason. What I see is the major contrast and similarities from the beginning to the end. You don't really see it when you're watching it, but when put side-by-side it all comes together.

"Silver Linings Playbook" (2012) directed by David O. Russell

"Kill Bill: Volumes 1 & 2" (2003 & 2004) directed by Quentin Tarantino

"12 Years A Slave" (2013) directed by Steve McQueen

"The Godfather: Part II" (1974) directed by Francis Ford Coppola


"Cabaret" (1972) directed by Bob Fosse

"Frank" (2014) directed by Leonard Abrahamson

"Boyhood" (2014) directed by Richard Linklater

No comments: