Wednesday, March 18, 2015

#365Movies - No. 51 - Super






WOW!! I was not expecting that! Why did I not see this earlier?! I didn't expect it to be that violent! I also didn't know it was written and directed by the man who would later direct the biggest comic book movie of 2014, Guardian of the Galaxy, Mr. James Gunn! Rainn Wilson stars and Frank, a man who can't accept he's been dumped by his wife. He suddenly has a vision from The Holy Avenger (Nathan Fillion) and is touched by the finger of God to fight crime. With the help of Libby (Ellen Paige) he finds out what it takes to be a super hero as she becomes his kid sidekick, Boltie. Rainn Wilson has a really strong performance and Ellen Paige is perfect for the super comic book fangirl.

I didn't know what to expect going into this movie so I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the animated opening sequence. I wanted to see more of that!



No comments: