Tuesday, March 24, 2015

#365Movies - No. 56 - Life Itself




I've been wanting to see this for quite some time, and thanks to Netflix I saw it last night. This movie doesn't hold any punches. Roger says it himself in the movie that he didn't want this film to hide anything. He wanted to be upfront with his illness. It was at times difficult for me to watch. I just hated to see him in such pain. But it is a great film that highlights a great career as a film critic. What I found amusing was some of the behind the scenes footage of him and Gene Siskel filming promos for their TV show, At The Movies. Not only did they bicker on screen but off screen as well. And boy did they ever! But through Marlene Iglitzen, Gene's wife, Gene said it best, "He may be an asshole, but he's my asshole."

No comments: