Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cartoon Round-up 26: Sesame Street Cartoons

These are some of my favorite memories from growing up. I learned a lot from Sesame Street. Some of these little phrases I STILL remember to this day. Years ago when I first started working at Barnes & Noble, one of the first BIG names I remember coming to our store was Bob McGrath. I had never seen such a crowd like that before! It was just so surreal to see this man in person who had taught me so much. I'll never forget it. I hope to share these memories with my niece and keep the magic going!


"I Can Remember"

"A loaf of bread, a container of milk and a stick of butter." I STILL remember!!



I found out a few years back that the director of "The Ladybug Picnic" is none other than Bud Luckey. He has been working at Pixar and is credited with the idea of making Woody a cowboy. He also provided the voice of the Agent Rick Dicker in "The Incredibles" and directed the short "Boundin'". He is also the voice of Chuckles the Clown in "Toy Story 3" and the voice of Eeyore in the latest Winnie the Pooh movie.


"The Ladybugs' Picnic"



This typewriter guys ALWAYS cracked me up. Every so often I'll be walking around and mutter to myself "Noo ne noo ne noo ne noo".

"V for Vacuum" 



Every time I have to count up to twelve I always do it to the rhythm of this song. Tell me you don't do it, too.

"Pinball Number 4"



To tell you how much of this I remember, just the other day I was telling one of the girls at work about this very cartoon. "Estoy llorando!" "I am crying!" And then all of a sudden "No estoy llorando!" "I am not crying!" And everyone was happy!! Of course she had no idea what I was talking about and looked at me funny.

"Estoy Llorando / I Am Crying"

No comments: