Monday, August 20, 2012

Cartoon Round-up 25: Popeye


He always said it best:

"I yam what I yam!" -Popeye the Sailor Man

"Popeye the Sailor Meets Sinbad the Sailor" (1936) directed by Dave Fleischer



"Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves" (1937) directed by Dave Fleischer



"Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp" (1939) directed by Dave Fleischer



The band Wilco brought back Popeye and the gang for the first time in over 30 years. They worked directly with King Features and director Darren Romanelli to bring them back for a new generation. The video was animated in Singapore by Peach Blossom Media.

"Dawned On Me" (2012) directed by Darren Romanelli



Just saw this was on YouTube. Not sure how long it's going to be online. It was cheesy but I loved it! You might find it interesting to know that this was Robin Williams' big screen debut. I thought he did a great job. I remember I had the vinyl soundtrack and used to listen to it all the time. I even remember taking it to school in Elementary to so the whole class could listen to it.

"Popeye" (1980) directed by Robert Altman


No comments: