Monday, January 2, 2012

"dedication"

The new year is here. I'm starting to get back into the frame of mind I had back in 2010. I have my goals laid out in front of me. I have my challenges all lined up. I know what I have to do to make a change. It is time to get things done. 


Then I came across this on facebook. A friend of mine posted this website: One Word 365. It's not about making resolutions "that you won't remember three weeks from now." It's about taking one word and incorporating that word into your life for the entire year. Here's what it's all about:


One word can change everything.
Forget New Year's Resolutions. Scrap the long list of goals that you won't remember three weeks from now anyway. Choose just one word.
One word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live or what you want to achieve by the end of 2012.
One word that you can focus on every day, all year long.
It will take hard work, and will require intentionality and commitment. But if you let it, your word will shape you and your year. It will guide your decisions and help you grow.
Discover the big impact one word can make.
One word.
365 days.
A changed life.


After thinking about it for a while I have decided on my word for 2012: "dedication." 


If I am going to make any sort of significant change in my life it is going to take a lot of dedication to get the job done. There were other words that I was considering that also seemed to fit the theme for 2012. Some of them were "determination", "accomplish" and a few others. But "dedication" seemed the best fit. I will have to be dedicated to my causes for the entire year if I am going to make a change. 

No comments: