Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Texas Jazz Festival 2007 - Day 1

Well, the Texas Jazz Festival is here again and I could not be more excited. Well, I could except I have to work Saturday night. Oh well, I was able to see a few of the bands opening night. Plus, I am off Sunday so I can catch the closing night bands.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to take my camera or sketchbook with me. I knew I wanted to take something to capture the moment, so I opted for the sketchbook. My NEW sketchbook. Here are a few of my sketches.

And here's the first page!









It was the first time I used this sketchbook. I was surprised at how the pen reacted to the paper. The paper appears to be a hot press paper. The pen just flowed over the whole thing. It felt so smooth. I really like this sketchbook.

No comments: