Friday, June 8, 2012

June's 11 Second Club - WIP

So here's what I've been working on all week. This is going to be my entry into this month's 11 Second Club competition. The line is from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.

"Now when men get to fighting it happens here! And it finishes here! Two men enter...one man leaves."

The first few days were dedicated to designing the characters and building the set. Not an easy task in the beginning but smooth sailing once I got the hang of it. Big thanks to Richard Vant Hul for sending me the tutorials to unlock the characters and figuring out some of the special effects.

This is my first blocking pass. The body movement is just the basics of what I'm looking for. It still needs lots of work. Still trying to figure out the camera angle and whether or not to move the camera in closer on the last line "Two men enter..." I do plan to add some slight movement to the other two guys, "Clu" and "Sam". I want them to seem alive but not steal anything from "Jarvis".

So you know what I'll be doing for week two of my Animation Vacation (June 2 - June 17).

Here is a rendered scene of what the final product will look like. Not sure if I'm going to keep the guards in the shot or not.


No comments: