Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 - In Review

Time has come and gone and now 2008 is behind us. As for me and animation, 2008 was my year. This was the year I started at Animation Mentor. That has to be one of the biggest things I have done in quite some time.

I have loved animation and cartoons all my life and have always dreamed of working in the field. I never felt that dream was attainable. I had heard of Animation Mentor when they first came on the scene a few years back. I have seen their student showcases and was amazed by the product these students were producing. Around November, 2007, I remember not having much motivation in life. I did not know where I was going or where my life was going to end up. On a whim, I decided to give Animation Mentor (AM) a try. Why not, right? What could it hurt to ask for more info and fill out the application. So I received the information packet in the mail and was getting more and more interested. I then filled out the application. There were a few sections that were short answer essay. I really took my time with those parts and really tried to get across my passion for the art form. Low and behold, I got in! Now came the time to apply for the loan. This was the part I was dreading. Whenever it comes to money and credit applications, I always get nervous. So I applied, and I got the loan!!! The tricky part was that when I applied, I applied very close to the deadline that I was afraid I was not going to make it. I was in constant contact with the loan lady with the school. She assured me that everything had gone through and I would be starting AM in January 2008!!

Flash forward to December, 2008, and I am done with Class 4 - Advanced Acting. The year seemed so long, especially when I had to keep track of what was going on every week of every month. There was always a project due on Sundays at 2:00 p.m. CST.

Now on January 5, 2009, it is on to Class 5 - Short Film Pre Production. It is just around the corner and I cannot wait to see who my new mentor will be and get started!!

No comments: