Thursday, October 23, 2008

Audio Clips For The New Scene

The assignment for Week 4 is to find three lines of dialogue with multiple characters. After looking a while, I decided on these three clips.

AUDIO CLIP #1 from Flash Gordon

"I swear Munson I'll shoot!"

"Get shot or go up in that thing? What's the difference?!"

"This way you'll be giving your life to save the Earth. Haven't you any spirit at all?"

"NO!"

AUDIO CLIP #2 from Flash Gordon

"They were brave creatures, Vultan."

"Shut up!"

"With respect, the man who rid us of Klytus should not be deserted."

"Will you shut up?! There's no way I can help a man who's dead!"

AUDIO CLIP #3 from O Brother, Where Art Thou?

"You stole from my kin!"

"Who was fixin' to betray us."

"You didn't know that at the time."

"So I borrowed it 'til I did know."

"That don't make no sense!"

"Pete, it's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart."

These are from a couple of my favorite movies. Flash Gordon is sort of a guilty pleasure but I just love it! It's corny, and cheesey, and the costumes are so over the top. It also has an awesome soundtrack by Queen, so I think that helps a bit.

I recently turned in these scenes for this week. I have already received some feedback and the majority of my peers like Clip #3. They said there is great character and tempo changes. I, personally, was hoping to go with Clip #2. I can see great possiblilities with both but I may end up going with Clip #3. Either way, it is going to be both very challenging and a lot of fun.

No comments: