Saturday, September 20, 2008

Class 3 - DONE!!

Another semester at Animation Mentor has come and gone. It has been a quick and interesting summer term. I feel this is the class where I realized I want to be an animator. I put so much work into this semester, more than the previous ones. I must have logged about 20 hours a week for the last 3 to 4 weeks of this final scene. I was determined to get it just right. It's still not there, but I'm working on it.

This scene will not be COMPLETE complete until week 3 of Class 4. I still have a few weeks of E-crits to get it right. One thing my mentor Dana said to work on was the subtleties. In her final E-crit, she said I sort of went for some difficult choices because the character interacts with the table so much. I need to show weight when he leans on the table or makes a gesture on it with his finger. I did the best I could with the time I had before having to upload it to the final progress reel. I see what she was talking about and I got a few of them taken care of.

So on to Class 4: Advanced Acting. In Week 4, we do another dialogue scene but this time with TWO characters. This is going to get interesting.

But for now, I get a week long break from school.

No comments: