Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Bit of F-U-N!!

So I've been experimenting and trying to learn new things in Maya. I have been sculpting and modeling figures and stuff. I tried rigging a rough model of Leonard but it was getting too complicated. It didn't help that it was the middle of the night and I was really tired. So that didn't go so well. I am still working on "The Hindenburger" episode here and there. It's always lurking there on the back burners. Leonard and Merlin will be needing a plane of somesorts for this episode so I tried to make one. It's a bit much for what I had envisioned, but it may just work out. Here is a model rotation of what I did in a few hours.



So once I finished that up, I had another idea. I sort of got the idea from what I remember seeing in "Kung Fu Panda." When I first saw the trailer, one of the scenes that cracked me up was when Po landed on Tai Lung's head and they showed it in slow motion. In traditional 2D, that would have been very difficult because you have to draw all those extra frames moving the character at a fraction of an inch. I realized in computer animation, all you have to do is add more frames between the keys and you get the same effect.

So here's what I came up with...


Poor Bishop.

No comments: