Thursday, April 3, 2008

Here we go again!

Class 2: Body Mechanics has begun and the fun just keep fun keeps on coming!

My new mentor is Mike Walling from Blue Sky Studios. The thing I learned about this guy from our first Q&A is that he's a kidder. One girl asked him a question about work and he quickly responded, "I can't answer that question. Well, it was great meeting you." and looked like he was about to sign her off. He then busted out "I'm just kidding!" Whew! It was a little awkward. She had that shocked look on her face. So did I. He seems like he's going to be fun. He encourages us to get involved with the Q&A. He sounds like he really wants to be involved with our learning process, as much as work will allow that is.

So I'm off to start work on my first assignment of Class 2. I have to choose from one of the following:

-Kick a ball
-Take a big step to the side
-Turn around 180 degrees

I'm still trying to figure out which one I want to do. There is no animating this first week, only prep work. All I have to do this week is shoot video reference and sketch thumbnails of the scene I want to do. This assignment will be due at the end of week 4.

No comments: