Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I'm broke! WOOHOO!!



I got 'em all!

Today was the release day for "Ratatouille" and "PIXAR Shorts"! The PIXAR DVD has an early history of the studio that runs 23 minutes. Very informative. I also picked up the book "To Infinity and Beyond" that tells the whole history of PIXAR.

My only complaint is that there are not enough special features. Since the release of "Cars", they have not been releasing that many "special" DVDs. JimHillMedia.com has an excellent article why this is. Why?! The general public doesn't care how these features are made. Sad but true. So we, the animation fans/students, are made to suffer. Hopefully, they will release the "Super Genius" editions soon. And yes, I will probably have to purchase these DVDs again...and I will.

A nice unexpected bonus was the release of a book called "Nicktoons." It is about all the cartoons that started out on Nickelodeon. It has everything from "Ren & Stimpy" to "Avatar: The Last Airbender" and beyond. It was written by Jerry Beck from cartoonbrew.com. Thank you, Jerry!

No comments: