Sunday, July 29, 2012

Animalympics (1980)

In honor of the 2012 Olympic games, I present a blast from the past.

Directed by Steven Lisberger

"The five rings of the paw prints. Symbol of world peace through animal athletics. Presented by ZOO, the station that brings the beast out in sports!"

This was the first time I heard my name on TV. The goat who was the favorite in the marathon was named Rene Fromage!



I just started watching the opening credits and I am seeing SO MANY familiar names, not just the voice talent but also the animators and artists!

It features the voice talents of Billy Crystal, Harry Shearer, Michael Fremer and the late and great Gilda Radner.

Art Direction:  Roger Allers, John Norton and Peter Mueller

Animation Director: Bill Kroyer

And the animation crew!!
John Norton, Roger Allers, Bill Kroyer, Chuck Harvey, Steve Chorney, Brad Bird, Arnie Wong, Dan Haskett and Bruce Woodside

BRAD FREAKIN' BIRD?!?! WHAT?!?!

No comments: